Posted by John Fasoldt on 15:03:38 6/20/2008 from 184.108.40.206:
In reply to: Carpenter Ants posted by Becky on 11:40:29 6/20/2008 from 220.127.116.11:
Hard to say, Becky... But, frankly, I'm with your hubby on this one. I really don't think it's a danger to your house, even though you may see a few invaders over the next few days. And, BTW, you could see those invaders even if you treated the CAs, you won't get all of them...
With the wood pile, why not use it in your fireplace, if you have one, that is. Just make sure when you bring it in you put it right in the fire. Don't bring it in and let it sit there. And don't spray firewood - it will very likely outgas toxicants you don't want in your home.
We get calls all the time from people that have cut down a tree and find CAs coming out. In 99% of the cases, no treatment is necessary.
A lot of exterminators make a big deal out of this, but I never thought it was.
Post a Followup
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: