Posted by Josh E on 10:26:49 7/22/2008 from 220.127.116.11:
I had an infestation near the front door threshold. There were about 100 or so large winged ants, and some workers coming in. I called a "reputable" extermination company and they did a hit-and-miss pesticide application to the exterior of the house. The ants came back in three days. I was out $275. Then I did a bit of research and purchased a pound of Delta Dust and a hand bellow. I drilled 1/8" holes every four-five feet just above baseboards and applied a liberal amount of dust. I then touched up these small holes with spackling compound and that was it. I haven't seen an ant in months! Total cost was about $45 and it took me about two hours. I did replace the threshhold in the front door due to moisture damage, but I feel confident that this was the best approach.
Post a Followup
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: