Posted by John Fasoldt on 5:45:40 4/20/2016 from 184.108.40.206:
In reply to: Re: A new thread... posted by marcia on 12:34:00 4/18/2016 from 220.127.116.11:
A large percentage of problems contributing moisture (and ants) is from flashings that are missing, too small or damaged in some way.
And remember, you can't really render your house impervious to ants - there will ALWAYS be a few around (sometimes more!) and as long as you monitor all the moisture issues, the ones you see anyway, you'll be doing everything you can - probably without ANY insecticides.
However, sometimes insecticides are recommended and advised. In that case, you use the most effective, which is different in almost every case.
And I do take exception to your comment of "full bore stuff", in your mention of Termidor. It is NOT "too toxic" for you or your pets - or me, either. And, in many cases it would be far better for you because it is not used in the places you frequent, and it disappears quickly and only affects the colony of ants it targets. And, amazingly enough, it CAN work from the outside, affecting the ones INSIDE. And it's not because of any toxicity. Actually, insecticides are pretty safe, assuming you refrain from ingesting them...
Let me know how it all goes!
Post a Followup
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: