Posted by Elizabeth on 8:39:02 4/30/2018 from 188.8.131.52:
My bug phobic friend has made me paranoid about bed bugs with her constant worst case scenarios. Iím afraid to buy anything in the store or online since according to her they may be hiding within whatever I buy.
Could you please reassure me that bedbugs arenít waiting to invade my home from the following places:
1. Newspapers, books, and magazines I buy at the grocery store or gas station
2. Catalogues and magazines or letters that come in the mail
3. Potted plants or flower bulbs from Kmart or Walmart
4. Sheets, towels, rugs, or stuffed animals from Walmart
5. Paper towels or boxes of cereal from the grocery store
6. New clothes from Amazon or Lands End
7. New shoes from a shoe store
8. Books, cds, dvds, photo albums, stuffed animals from Amazon or eBay
9. Furniture in a box from Amazon
10. A new mattress compressed and rolled in a box
11. Used shirt from eBay
12. A rug cleaner from Amazon
13. A vacuum that came ripped open in transit
14. A seat on an airplane
15. A seat at the airport or train station
16. A seat at the doctorís office
I feel so stupid asking these things, but she has really gotten me worried. I think I might have to stop talking to her completely!
I know youíre supposed to vacuum and dispose of the bag outside, but my vacuum is bagless. Is that OK, or should I invest in a vacuum with bags?
Please help me set my mind at ease! I really was normal before I started listening to her!
Post a Followup
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: