Posted by Jessie on 0:38:53 12/17/2008 from 220.127.116.11:
I live in Australia but I am hoping my question can still be answered as i cant seem to get any direction on this side of the world. LOL..
Okay, my parnter and i are in the process of buying our first home. We have until tomorrow at 5pm to decide is this the house we want.
We had the building and pest inspection which showed previous termite activity. There was no sticker in the meter box or anywhere to say when and what they used to treat the property and the garage.
Since then i have been in contact with the owner and he has provided me with invoices, the company name and a certificate of Subterranean Termite Treatment. The last treatment was in March of this year and i have spoken to the company and they have said there is a life span of 3 - 5 years. But to have your inspections done annually. The Chemical they used was Bifenthrin. concentration applied was 1%...volume used was 280 litres.. with all external & subloor areas treated. The company has also informed me this certificate would be passed on to us after the house is sold.
So me being maybe new to this and a lil naive i would think that having all this information would cover us and we would be able to settle tomorrow instead of asking for an extention.
Here is my problem.... My mother in law has got her termite man involved at the time when we had no evidence of any treatment. He is insisting on coming to have a look at the property so he can see if theres any live termites etc.. he can only come in on the day after we are due to go uncondtional which means we will need to get the extention. But him being our 2nd pest guy, and the owner already providing us with evidence of treatment etc does any of his findings count? there is a clause in our contract that states " In respect to white aints, risk itself will not constiture a reason for termination of this contact."... As apparently there are 2 conratcs the use over here.
I guess all i really want to know is... with the evidence and certifcates that we have now been provided with are we safe to go uncondtional tomorrow without getting an extention? we are still going to get this other termite guy in as he will be treating our home from now on... but it seems pointless to me after we have already had the inspection done and now have all the paperwork...
What are your thoughts? anything could help us asap lol.
Regards - Jess
Post a Followup
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: